To book
Call 0191 3405805 now


CBT Courses

The Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) is the first step you must take when learning to ride a moped or motorcycle and is a course of training you are required to complete satisfactorily.

All new riders must by law, complete this course before they are legally entitled to ride a moped or motorcycle on the road, including when they are on riding lessons.

View CBT Course »

125 Courses

Aimed at those not wanting to ride anything too powerful for two years and the only licence option available to those aged 17+. This licence can be gained using either a manual or automatic motorcycle.

If you take your test on an automatic, you will only be allowed ride an automatic which means that you will only be able ride a manual bike as a learner.

View 125 Course »

Direct Access

This is the Full UK bike licence with no restriction on what size motorcycle you can ride. This the most popular option for those aged twenty-four and over as it allows you to ride any size of bike as soon as you pass.

Taken on a manual motorcycle, it allows you to ride both manual bikes and automatics.

View Direct Access »

Twist & Go

New motorcyclists who want to ride a moped may take their test on a 125cc moped, this will entitle them to a restricted license only.

Upon completing your CBT you are entitled to ride a moped of 125cc or less, providing you display L plates, both on the front and rear of the moped at all times.

View Twist & Go »

So which course is for me?

Download The routes to your motorcycle license (PDF, 210kB)

Documents you need to take to your test

If you dont bring the right documents your test may be cancelled and you could lose your fee.

You must bring the following to both modules of the riding test:

  • Your theory test pass certificate (or confirmation) if youre not exempt from taking the theory test
  • Plastic card licence, Old paper licence must have a valid passport.
  • Your compulsory basic training certificate (CBT)

Bring your module 1 test pass certificate to your module 2 test. Contact the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) straight away if you lose this give as much notice as possible to make sure the right information is sent to the driving test centre in time.

DSA customer service centre: 0300 200 1122, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm

If you have an old-style paper licence, you must take your signed driving licence and a valid passport. No other form of photographic identification is accepted.

Book today

Call: 0191 3405805

Or, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Payment options:

Interested in our courses?

Whether you are a complete beginner or wish to improve your riding with off road and rider safety lessons, we have the course for you.

Contact Us Pricing