To book
Call 0191 3405805 now

Getting Started

So, Where do I start?

Well, the first thing you will need to complete is a (Compulsory Basic Training). Virtually everyone has to complete this before they ride a motorcycle on the road. The only exception is if you wish to ride a 50cc moped and you have passed your full car licence before February 2001.

For all other motorcycles you MUST take and complete a CBT.

Once you have completed this you will be issued with a DL 196 (certificate of completion of an approved training course).

This validates your licence and allows unaccompanied riding of a motorcycle / scooter up to 125cc with a power output no greater than 14.6bhp.

The DL196 is valid for a period of two years from the date of course completion but you will not be allowed to carry pillion passengers, L plates must be fitted (front & rear) and you cannot ride on motorways.

Then What?

Well, that depends on you. If you just want to ride a 125, and are happy with the restrictions (i.e. no passengers, no motorway riding, etc), then you can do.

There are 4 steps to your licence which are the CBT, the Motorcycle Theory Test, the Module 1 Test and the Module 2 test.

Then, after two years you will need to return and do another. If however, you would like to ride a bigger bike or just get rid of the L plates and restrictions, then you will need to obtain your full bike licence.

So which course is for me?

Download The routes to your motorcycle license (PDF, 210kB)

Book today

Call: 0191 3405805

Or, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Payment options:

Interested in our courses?

Whether you are a complete beginner or wish to improve your riding with off road and rider safety lessons, we have the course for you.

Contact Us Pricing